Pay per click is a type of internet advertising that is integrated into the search results of Google, Bing and Yahoo. For example when someone types “Calgary flower shops” into the search box, Google will return all of the results that it thinks are relevant.
The pay per click ads are the ones marked as “Ad” at the very top of the page and on sometimes at the bottom of the page. Click here to see a picture of the Google search results so you can see what we mean. People running ads have told Google that they want their ad to show up when someone types in the keyword or search phrase “Calgary flower shops”
They only pay Google when someone actually clicks on their ad and is taken to the advertiser’s website, hence the name pay per click.
Why should you consider Pay per click for your local business?
- You only get people coming to your website that are searching for your services
- Those people are ready to buy whatever it is you are selling – if they search for a dentist, they probably need a dentist
- You can get to the #1 spot for your keyword or search phrase within a short period of time
- We can track how much traffic you are getting and give you a detailed report
The cost depends on several factors:
- How much you are willing to pay to be on the top of the search results-it is essentially a bidding system
- How much competition there is – less competition means it will be easier and cheaper
- The performance of your ad – the more people click on it, the cheaper your clicks will become
- How good your ad is – this will affect how many people click
- How relevant your ad is to the website page you are sending them to – an ad about flowers should send people to a site about flowers
Let us do it for you at a flat rate Call us at 403-922-1451